Emergency haying, grazing allowed in Whiteside County

SPRINGFIELD – Farm producers in Whiteside County can hay and graze their eligible Conservation Reserve Program acres under a recent U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency directive.

Emergency haying can be done through Aug. 31, while emergency grazing is permitted through Sept. 30. Producers must still request FSA county office approval. All hay bales must be removed by Aug. 31, and all livestock removed from CRP acres by Sept. 30.

Call Whiteside County FSA at 815-772-2124 or go to farmers.gov to request approval or for more information.

Loading more