MOUNT CARROLL – Sesquicentennial activities continue with an art tour from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday throughout the city.
The free tour will feature pieces by Mount Carroll area artists. Sites with artwork include:
• Mount Carroll City Hall: 302 N. Main St.
• Mount Carroll Public Library: 208 N. Main St.
• Owen P. Miles Museum: 107 W. Broadway St.
• Mount Carroll Post Office: 211 N. Clay St.
• Good Samaritan Society – Mount Carroll: 1006 N. Lowden Road.
• West Carroll School District Office: 642 S. East St.
• Now and Zen Gallery: 208 W. Market St.
The sesquicentennial committee also is taking bids on a silent auction for “Mount Carroll in the Snow,” a painting by local artist Edward B. Kirwan. Bids, with the bidder’s name, address, and phone number can be dropped off at City Hall, where the painting can be viewed from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. through Friday. The painting will be moved Sunday to the library, where final bids will be taken until 4 p.m.
Search for Mount Carroll Sesquicentennial on Facebook for more information.